<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, September 21, 2003

The Future is Orange.
she's very shy Our last 5-a-side football match was a classic - two evenly matched sides, just a goal or two in it for the entire match, the 'next goal wins' rule was unable to separate the teams after an extra 10 minutes - finally it went to a penalty shoot-out.
I won't bore you with the details except to say, I went in goal, saved two penalties, then scored the decisive winner. Yes, once again, I ruled! However, more importantly than that, I discovered exactly why some weeks I play like Charlie Cooke and other weeks like Charlie Dimmock. It's not mental attitude, fitness or preparation, it's not tactics, training or natural skill (least of all) - it's all down to my lucky orange T-shirt.(see left, modelled by the lovely Mandy)
When I'm wearing it I'm ace, when I'm not - I'm not! I pray it doesn't fall apart or get sent to the Village Jumble sale like "Billy's Boots". In fact I got the T-shirt at a car boot sale. So if some poor 5-a-sider, has lost his magic touch and his orange T-shirt, Ha ha!