<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, September 18, 2003

Turn off your mind, relax and float downstream...
podular, modularI went for another float at The London Floatworks recently.
I have been a few times before at various places and have always enjoyed the experience. The trouble is, I always expect to enjoy it more. I find it very relaxing, floating in the dark in my isolation tank, but I can't lose myself and drift away.
I can't switch off my head - the running commentary never stops. I try to empty my mind as I've been taught. I imagine I'm lying on a deserted sandy beach, the sun gently warming me, the waves softly lapping at my feet. I breathe deep, slow breaths, I picture my worries drifting away like fluffy clouds disappearing from the blue sky overhead. All is well.
At this point though I start to lose my way. My nagging waking consciousness kicks in - is there someone else on the beach? Is it Geena Davis? What's she doing on my beach? Is she wearing a bikini or some kind of fifties style one-piece bathing suit? Can she see I'm getting a hard-on? What made me think of Geena Davis? STOP!! I'm wasting my time, stop thinking, let it go...but it's hopeless, my stupid head won't let go. Still, Geena Davis, eh?