<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, October 25, 2003

Dogs and other Good Things
saffyThis is the del Fuego family dog - Saffy - she's a Bearded Collie. She likes running along the beach, she likes chasing cats and she especially likes sitting on the sofa, looking out of the window, watching the world go by. She doesn't like fireworks. At all. They make her bark a lot, very loudly. So I wish there weren't quite so many going off all the time. So does she.



Just got back from shopping in my local Lidl supermarket. Lidl is a fantastic place. You pile loads of unusual European chocolate, cakes, coffee, biscuits and booze (some of the most important shopping, I always think) into your trolley, the checkout people are incredibly fast, and when they've totalled it up they charge you £13.49 when it would have cost £30 in Safeways or equivalent. Lidl's motto is "Lidl is cheap!" Hats off to Lidl!

tecstormI bought a printer last week which uses a USB port. As I have a scanner and a modem also using USB ports, I needed to get a hub that splits the ports. I found a fantastic one in my local computer shop, KC Computers. It's called a Tecstorm USB HUB 1.
It cost £5.00, it's powered via the PC USB port and best of all it has a really cool blue glow. Tecstorm seem like a really good company. I like things that are well made, nice looking and good value for money.


[update] - There's a real danger that about a hour after going to Lidl, you're going to start feeling pretty ill - but it's not their fault really, is it?.