<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 22, 2003

Elliott Smith
Elliott Smith Bloody hell! I was going to write something hilarious and clever about Paul Burrell and the royals and Liza Minnelli beating up her husband, but then I looked at BBC News and saw that Elliott Smith has died. He was 34 and had apparently committed suicide.
I don't know too much about Elliott, but I liked his music. Like a lot of people, the first I heard of him was the song "Miss Misery" from the soundtrack of of the film 'Good Will Hunting' and him performing it at the Oscars.
All music guide has him down as "Weary, Somber, Reflective, Wistful, Poignant, Autumnal, Restrained, Intimate, Nocturnal, Melancholy, Brooding" which is pretty well on the mark. I guess thats how I like my music.
I'm sorry that he felt the need to end it all and I'm sorry for his family and friends and I'm a bit sorry for myself and his fans.
I'll play "Everything Reminds Me of Her", "Happiness", "Rose Parade" as a tribute, then some Sparklehorse to console myself. Cheers Elliott.