<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, November 02, 2003

Skyscrapers and Groundscrapers
I like mad buildings. Skyscrapers are great - as long as they are in the right place. Apologies if everyone's seen this site before, but my pal Mickos sent me a link to the fantastic skyscrapers.com
It has a huge database of details and images of buildings from all around the world, including current highest buildings, buildings currently under construction, proposals and demolished buildings from all the worlds major cities. (surprisingly, Hastings is absent.) Why do you reckon this one, 'The Green Bird' proposed for Battersea wasn't built?

BekonscotFor some reason that site made me think of the wonderful Bekonscot - "The Oldest Model Village in the World, opening to the public in 1929. Time has stood still for over 70 years, portraying rural England as it was in the 1930s." - Well worth a visit - though it'll have to be today as it's about to close for the winter.
Bekonscot is located in the town of Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire - just North-west of London, not far from Windsor Castle.
I visited as a child and I've taken my kids there, it's fantastic. In the meantime check out the site.